Monday, May 12, 2014

Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are delicious, can be altered easily and stay soft for days.  They are easy and everyone will ask, "What is your secret?"  I promise you don't have to tell anyone.  The person that came up with these is a life saver and a genius because in a crunch these can be made quickly for those days when your kids need something to take into school or an event, they are great for the office, I've even made a variety and handed them out as Christmas Cookies.  My mom was the first person to introduce me to these cookies and it's been my favorite way to make cookies since.



Ingredients
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.) Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
3.) Roll into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
4.) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to brown.
5.) Remove from pan immediately and place on cooling rack.

You can change up this recipe easily.  Here are two more of my favorite varieties of this recipe, as I remember and try more I will update and add them to this post.

Chocolate Munchie Cookies:
Use Devils Food Cake Mix
Replace Chocolate chips with sugar.
Roll the balls of cookie dough in the sugar before baking.

Peanut Butter Cookies:
Replace chips with 1 cup peanut butter.


No comments:

Post a Comment