Friday, January 30, 2015

Chili-Cheeseburger Mac

Are you looking for a quick and easy meal to make tonight? Look no further, because I've got it. A recipe so easy and packed full of flavor, I guarantee you will be making it often.  As an extra bonus clean up afterwards is a breeze because you only use one wok or large non stick skillet to make this.


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies (I get mild and it provides a little bit of kick.)
2 cups beef broth
1 cup elbow macaroni
Cilantro to taste
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese or shredded Colby jack cheese



Directions:
1.) Place ground beef in skillet and brown, drain if necessary.



2.) Add taco seasoning and stir to coat the meat.



3.) Do not drain the can of Rotel add it to skillet and stir.



4.) Pour in beef broth and macaroni, stir.



5.) Heat to boiling, reduce heat to medium and cover pan.
6.) Simmer 12-15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. If liquid is getting too low and the macaroni is not tender add water as needed.
7.) Once Macaroni is tender reduce heat to low or off if serving immediately, add Cheese and stir until cheese is melted.






Of course I am the cheese queen so I always bring extra shredded cheese to the table for people to add extra if they would like.  I have yet to have leftovers in this house of three and I even added a extra noodles and a cup of water in my last batch to try to leave leftovers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment